Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sophie's Scrape...

Hey all! First things first, I wanted to show off the kitchen cart I put together last week while Dave was off working in Guam. Pretty cool, huh. Aren't I the handy Navy wife =). It was pretty easy to put together, but my stomach's getting pretty big, so it got a little awkward there for a while. I'm not actually using it for kitchen stuff, I've loaded it up with my scrapbooking and crafting tools. It's working out really well for me to work on craft projects after Sophie goes to bed and it makes cleaning up so much easier.

My Grandma A. is visiting from Illinois, I'm sure she's much happier with our sunny Hawaii weather than cold, wet, windy Illinois. This was one of our attempts to get a photo of four generations. It wasn't working out so well. Sophie did not want to cooperate. Is it too much to ask a two year old to smile for the camera. My mom and Grandma are laughing at her. That's my I-about-to-give-this-kid-a-time-out smile. This is actually one of the better ones. I have a couple where Sophie is arching completely backwards in my arms while moaning. She can be a pill.
Here's one of my mom, Grandma, and me. Aren't we adorable!Here's another photo of the pregnant belly. I'm 33 weeks. That's my parent's dog, Lulu, in the background. I spend a lot of time at my parents house when Dave is in Guam. They feed Sophie and I, watch Sophie while I nap, and basically spoil us.

Here's a couple photos of Sophie's scrape. She fell on my parent's lanai (that's a porch for all you non-Hawaiian types), and scraped up her knee.

This is what the next thirty minutes consisted of... then she fell asleep. It really isn't a bad scrape, but to add insult to injury, I made her wear a band aid. Most kids I know love band aids. In fact I'm pretty sure my sister is able to bribe her son with band aids. Not my kid. I actually use them as a threat. I.e. "Sophie if you don't knock it off I'm going to put a band aid on you." She straightens right up.




This is about ten seconds of her whining about her band aid. She's such a little drama queen. I guess she comes by it naturally. Thanks for checking in with us. Check back next week for some 4d ultrasound photos and possibly video of Baby Max. Only about 8 more weeks to go until Sophie's a big sister.




1 comment:

  1. Jordan's not a fan of band-aids either. She thinks they hurt....which I guess the do when you take them off. Anyway, she had a scrape on her foot that required a band aid yesterday, the girls must be on the same wavelength with injuries.

    ReplyDelete