Saturday, January 30, 2010

Some Sewing Projects

I co-hosted a baby shower last weekend for a scrapbooking friend. She's having a little girl, but wanted to go in a more gender neutral direction. Our theme was elephants, so I put together a little gift basket to go with the theme. I made some burp cloths out of prefold diapers. I just sewed a length of fabric down the middle of the diaper. I received some of these as gifts when Sophie was a newborn and I loved them. Great for spills and spit ups.
I also tried my hand at applique for the first time. That's an elephant in case you could tell I got the pattern from www.littlebirdiesecrets.com and then shrunk it to fit a size 3 month onesie. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Hopefully it will hold up well.

2 comments:

  1. The applique shirt came out so cute!!! You did a really really good job! Why can't I have a baby when you're around me!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This basket was adorable! You pretty much ROCKED the crafty stuff....awesome....and yes, I'd like some burp clothes please, you know, with all your extra time. :0)

    ReplyDelete