Friday, January 8, 2010

Sophie Eating Spaghetti for the Second Time

So you're going to need a little back story to understand how a two year old has never had spaghetti. Dave loves pasta, Italian food, etc. However he hates the noodle, spaghetti. Since the beginning of our marriage, he has asked that I not cook it. Since I could care less what kind of noodles I cook, we don't actually have spaghetti noodles in our home. Just so I don't accidentally serve them. We have penne, elbow, rigatoni, lasagna, everything but spaghetti. Here's the real problem. I have a habit of calling any pasta with sauce spaghetti. As in "I made spaghetti tonight." When what I've really made is penne pasta with a tomato meat sauce. Dave always replies, "I don't like spaghetti." This same conversation has been going on for four years (yes we're really that boring). So thats why Sophie had never had spaghetti noodles until my mom and I went out to lunch one day with Sophie. It was spaghetti or peanut butter and jelly and I still can't get Sophie to eat peanut butter (which is a totally different post). When we were in Texas, Dave's mom, Missy made Sophie some spaghetti with butter for dinner. Here's a short clip of her eating spaghetti. I think it's really funny... but I also think I'm biased =).

No comments:

Post a Comment