Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Day

Our coffee table in better days (Jan 1st to be specific) and the culprit ON the coffee table (which is not allowed)
I had a day today and it was not a very good one.  I think that we all go through days where nothing in particular goes our way and it seems like life's little annoyances just start stacking up, one on top of the other.  That was this day for me.  It culminated in Sophie cracking the glass top to our coffee table and was I ever mad.  I put both the kids to bed early and cleaned up the mess.  Then I went upstairs and rocked Max to sleep because was he ever mad.  As I was rocking him I realized that as difficult as today was... it was actually pretty great.  Sophie could have really hurt herself.  She could have fallen through the glass and I could be sitting in the ER right now or worse.  So I gave her an extra big hug and told her how much I loved her (all seven times that she woke up tonight).  Somedays aren't as bad as they seem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment