Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Day

It was so nice to see the kids enjoying themselves on Christmas Day.  Of course, they should have, considering the amount of toys they received.  They had several large gifts including a spring horse for Sophie from Dave's parents and a work bench for Max from Dave and I.  I am a little disappointed that both kids don't seem to be interested in the toys Dave and I got for them.  Max is a little too young for the work bench (although he'll grow into it in a year or so I would guess) and Sophie doesn't seem interested in the camera we got her although she was constantly borrowing my point and shoot to take photos of the ground and the dogs and her fingers.  Max is loving all the trucks he got from Santa and his grandparents and Sophie is loving her spring horse and rides it quite a bit.  I'm planning on putting their new bean bag chairs in the living room so they can enjoy watching tv and hopefully stop jumping on my couch.

The crazy, insane amount of gifts they received.  Mostly is they are just really big toys.  Plus some of them are mine.  I like to wrap empty boxes of things I've bought myself before Christmas and then open the boxes and act surprised.  I'm a little crazy.

Santa delivered balance bikes, helmets and lots of little toys.

Santa got Sophie's fish a fancy new tank and a castle.

Remnants of Santa's cookies

Max taking his turn on the spring horse

Sophie loving her new horse

Sophie opening her new camera.  Notice the bandaid on her forehead.  She ran into a picture frame lying against a wall (waiting to be hung) and gave herself a nice little cut.  It's not a holiday until someone's bleeding from a head wound.

Max's new fire truck.  He loves it and it cracked along the top a couple days after Christmas.  I contacted the company and they are sending a replacement tomorrow.  I was super impressed.  Jack Rabbit Creations.  Great customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment