Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Shortest Vacation Ever!

Our beach cottage on Kauai. Super cute and really comfortable! The view from the beach right outside our cottage at Barking Sands. That's the forbidden island of Niihau in the distance (I think).
Max crawling around on the beach. The surf was pretty big, so it was definitely not a swimming beach, plus the currents are supposedly pretty hazardous.



Me and Max on the beach!




Max and I just had the shortest vacation ever. Dave had a short underway period that would end with him on Kauai for about four days. So we decided that I would fly over from Oahu and meet him (we were arriving on Kauai on different modes of transportation). My parents would watch Sophie while I was gone and it was decided that Max was still too young to be without me for several days, so he would come with me.
I found out shortly after I arrived in Kauai (in fact I was still at the airport) that Dave wouldn't arrive on the same day I did. I would hopefully be able to meet up with him on the following day. Around 7pm the night I arrived I found out that Dave was on his way back to Oahu and so I would have to check out of the beach cottage, return the rental car and try to get on the first flight back to Oahu. All by myself, with Max (oxymoron I know).
Dave was home several hours before I was. I was lucky to get on an earlier flight out of Kauai and while we didn't get to have our mini vacation, it was really nice to see him again.
So it was short and crazy (less than 24 hours on island), but Max and I had a great time just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment