Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve - 2010

We had grand plans for Christmas Eve this year. The kids, Dave, and I were gearing up to head over to my parents house for dinner and gift opening. Unfortunately Sophie woke up in the middle of the night with a fever so I decided we would instead have a relaxed evening at home. As relaxed as one can get with a three year old running a fever and hacking up a lung all over the house. I was sad that I didn't get to spend my last Christmas Eve (for awhile) in Hawaii with my parents but Dave and the kids and I all had fun at home.

Sophie and Max got to open one gift on Christmas Eve. It is always new (and now matching) pajamas in anticipation of photos on Christmas morning. I tried to convince Dave that we should all wear matching or coordinating pajamas but he said "No way!". At least I got to dress the kids up all matchy-matchy.

Sophie and Max hung out on the couch for a while. Sophie insisted on holding Max, which is when I realized that he might be bigger than she is, or at least close. Max isn't wearing any pants because he is quite the messy eater now.
Sophie and I getting ready to bake cookies for Santa Claus.

Dave's turn to help Sophie bake cookies.


Max wanted to help also. By help I mean eat raw cookie dough.


Waiting with bated breath for Santa Claus cookies.



Putting the final ornament on the Advent Tree that Missy gave us last year. It was Dave and Anne's when they were little.


We can't wait for Christmas morning!











No comments:

Post a Comment