Monday, February 22, 2010

Sweet Love Bird Baby Shower for Nicole


My friend, Sherry, and I hosted a baby shower for another good friend, Nicole, this past weekend. Sherry and I had a great time working on shower, but I'm glad we finished before my baby's arrival(which I'm now waiting impatiently for).

Sherry made this adorable Love tree with lighted branches from Ben Franklin. We hung notes of love and encouragement from the branches for Nicole's twin daughters, who are currently residing in a local NICU. They were born at 29 weeks, but have been growing in leaps and bounds and will hopefully get to come home soon.


Sherry covered the vase with coordinating scrapbook paper. We used the Razzleberry line from Stampin Up. I made the note cards on my Big Shot (my Christmas present from Dave).









Here are the yummy cupcakes, chocolate of course. I got the cupcake topper image from an Etsy seller, and I thought they turned out great.
Sherry made this beautiful sign out of more Razzleberry paper and some Maya Road bird embellishments.
Here's a view of the food and drink tables in my dining room. The shower was held at 10am, so we had a lot of brunch food, which is Nicole's favorite.
I made the birdhouses with scrapbook paper and small birds I glittered myself. Sherry made the small tree out of found sticks and three little birds, signifying Nicole's three daughters. It was super cute!
Sherry put together this adorable diaper cake for Nicole. I made the two lovebirds on the top of the diaper cake based on a tutorial from http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/
I think they turned out pretty well.





Here's Nicole opening some baby gifts. I can't believe how great she looks after having twins only a couple months ago.
Here's Jordan, Nicole's oldest daughter, and Sophie enjoying their cupcakes outside.Here's all the girls who made it out to the party. We had so much fun chatting, eating, and opening presents.
We ordered the favor cookies from Hokulani Bake Shop in downtown Honolulu. I think they did a great job, and the cookies are super yummy.
I just wanted to share a photo of our party aftermath. The lovely Duncan, our Border Terrier, managed to get onto the dining room table later that day and help himself to about five cupcakes. He is fine, but he managed to make a big mess. He also removed the paper cupcake toppers before he consumed the cupcakes. Just another reminder to make sure all the chairs are tucked in before leaving the house.It was a great party and I hope everyone had a great time.






4 comments:

  1. What a lovely shower! Everything looks so pretty and fun! Great diaper cake!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "love note" idea! Very sweet!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how special! I'm sure the mommy felt loved. i also do a love note idea at all my parties, but have never thought of putting it on a tree. Thanks for sharing!

    oh and my pup is just as bad... she would have helped him pull out the chairs if she could!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete