Sunday, December 20, 2009

A green Donkey and a fabulous gift

Sophie received this green donkey from her Grammy and Grandad (Dave's parents) last year for her birthday. It's been a constant around the house. For the most part Sophie wasn't really interested in riding it, she was more inclined to move it randomly around the house. In fact, she would carry it from room to room until she found the perfect spot for him, usually in the middle of walking traffic. A couple weeks ago, she started playing with Donkey as he is supposed to be played with. She is saying, "Ride, Donkey" repeatedly in the video. In case you can't decipher her two year old speak.


Most of you know that for the last month I've been looking after my friend's daughter. Nicole is currently in the hospital awaiting the birth of her twins. So I looked after her older daughter, J, in the afternoons. It was actually a lot of fun, as Sophie and she get along quite well. I had hoped that it would also encourage Sophie to share a little better, as she is well into the "No, mine" stage. While Sophie isn't sharing any better, we did have a lot of fun eating popsicles and chasing the dogs. Nicole was sweet enough to send me a gift basket as a thank you. Since we're good friends, she knew just what to get me. It seems to be a snack/chocolate lover's dream. There are several different cookie options, popcorn, some different nut mixes. I've been slowly demolishing it. Dave had an unexpected trip out of town, so I guess it's up to me to eat all the food. Good thing I've been really hungry.






No comments:

Post a Comment